The Revolution will be Grown.Walls of Woven Ivy Climb, Seed and Soil accosted; Replaced our captive ‘City’s’ Grey. A Greener Tomorrow, a brighter today!
- To salvage spaces, renew and revive for greener, cleaner and happier places
- To grow our own food and produce more locally grown edibles
- To master the full potential of our Sheffield Allotment, let the land teach us how and where to develop
- Combine creativity, resources and climate to find new and innovative ways to expand growing spaces upwards, downwards, left right and centre.
- Bring the garden to the people, enable others to share the joy of gardening, planting new life, reconnecting with the outdoors and the pleasures of engaging with their natural environment
- To establish roots within the local community, collaborate with social enterprising networks, and help to unify resources, ideas, and manpower for other similar projects which aspire to improve access to green spaces, and opportunities to start planning new growth
- To regenerate- Disused spaces and derelict infrastructure, could be revived and given a new lease of life with fresh purpose. Temporary pop up gardens, could be just one aspect of this!
Sheffield is a great city for green spaces, housing an eco-conscious community which fosters the creative and artistic. The social co-operative hubs and independent businesses which are budding and flourishing in the city are also very promising and positive in terms of forecasting the shape of the future to follow for Sheffield.
Sheffield would be the perfect candidate for showcasing the incredible benefits of an edible city, which encourages and nurtures urban food growing and sustainable spaces. Lets get onto this and pull our ideas together as a community to make it happen!
Upcycle– Old Doccers make for very jazzy new plantpots for the growth of Tulips, and many other things!
Take a look at some of the things we’ve achieved so far, and what we believe to be an assortment of treasures worth digging for…